The band strives to share the love of music with the community through willing participation in community events throughout the year. Our regular engagements include:
- Anzac services across the region, including individual performances and band services at ceremonies
- Christmas carols in Gunnedah and surrounds
- Wean picnic races-we provide musical entertainment to this historic local country race meeting, held in July every year. This event attracts a large crowd and raises significant funds for local community organisations.
- Gunnedah Show – the band performs in the grand parade each year for this important event that unites our community.
- Local eisteddfods – individuals and the band support local and surrounding eisteddfods to foster involvement and growth of performing arts in our region.
- Band competitions – our participation in local, regional and state competition contributes to the ongoing success of brass bands in Australia.
In 2013, the band was privileged to be invited to travel to Villers Bretonnuex, France at the request of the Brass Band of Amiens. They performed a series of concerts which was a wonderful successful. The Brass Band of Amiens travelled to Australia and visited Gunnedah for several days in 2011. They are currently considering a return trip.
In recognition of the band’s ongoing commitment to community engagement, the organisation was awarded the ‘keys to the city’ by Gunnedah Shire Council in 2003. The band and its members are equally proud of their contribution to community as of the musical accolades received.